> I question the initial premise of this post; is Trolling a problem on this
>  list, (specifically individuals Trolling, with no malice - #3)?

For some cases, it can be a problem. For example, I enjoy going to
howardforums.com which is a cellphone hacking community. That forum
suffers greatly from new members asking HOW DO I ADD FREE RINGTONES TO
MY NEW RAZR THX every.single.day. I'm not even joking about the caps
and the tone of the voice either. Questions like this has been
answered at least 20 times, and at this point, the question serves no
value but degrading the signal to noise ratio. It makes the site
harder to use because of the useless information like that, and it
eventually renders the site useless.

I understand where the members of this mailing list is coming from
when you say "respect the new users", but in some cases, new users
must be forced to search unless you want your site to end up in a pile
of junk.