Jeff,

That is an excellent suggestion! Maybe I can take your approach and
adjust the timeout period according to the "usefulness" of the
member(however we measure it).

And you're right that it'll work but people will hate me. Would you
have some other suggestions that will help?

<rant>During this discussion, I realized that what I'm fighting is
"immaturity". Since a dominant character of immaturity is impatience,
I'm using the patience of a poster to determine the level of
maturity.</rant>