On Oct 6, 2008, at 2:59 PM, Robert Hoekman Jr wrote:

ACD does not—I repeat, not—mean ignoring users. It means focusing on their activities instead of their goals. It means ignoring what Jenny wants to be when she gets out of college and focusing instead on how to create an app that helps her (and everyone else) complete the activities she needs to
complete to get out of college.

Which works great until the goals change the activities.

That's where I've always been confused by the ACD stuff. (Such as Jenny's desire to prop up her MCAT scores so she can get accepted to Harvard Med, which may change the way she chooses courses and professors from the college's class scheduling system.)

Nobody is suggesting that when you're using the non-ACD method (whatever we wanna call that), that you take irrelevant facts into account in the design process.

I've never understood how the design process is actually different when you're doing the ACD thing.

Since clearing up my confusion is just a goal of mine, feel free to ignore it. That way we can all focus on our activities. :)

Jared