I use both the tablet and a trackball.

The tablet is on the left (I am left handed with writing) and the trackball is
on the right (I use a mouse with my left hand).

________________________________
From: Krystal R.Higgins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 4, 2008 8:04:01 PM
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] question for tablet pros -- where do you use it?

I also keep it in place of my mousepad, to the right.  However, I have
it on a tray that is slightly higher than my keyboard, so that I can
swing it over the right-side number keys (since I don't use those).

It took about 3 months to get used to it, but I had a motive--elbow
tendinitis from using a mouse for so long :)  So the benefits
outweighed the learn time.

Cheers!