As Joel mentioned one of my books in his post, I wrote a follow up on my
blog:

http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/2009/program-managers-vs-interaction-designe
rs/

But the question I have for ixda is this:

I want some pointers to give to PMs and managers who realize they need to
hire an interaction designer. How do they find them? What questions should
the ask? If they're ignorant about design, how can they spot a good one?
Etc.

So far I haven't found any good, well written tip sheets for this situation
and I think it's important. I'd like to link to them if they're out there.

Any recommendations?

Remember: I want something written for a manager or tech lead who knows
nothing about interaction design, but suspects he might need to hire a UX
designer.

Cheers,

-Scott

Scott Berkun