Hi Scott, et al.,

Damn straight this is the kind of resource IxDA should be presenting
to the world! Would you like to create it? Would you like to form a
little team to create it? IxDA would be extremely glad to offer an
online repository where it can reside. Our next-generation website
will have a variety of ways for us to present such content to the
world for the betterment of all.

Cheers,
Liz, IxDA Vice-President

P.S. On a personal front, I took a stab at a sort of IxD hiring map
myself a few months ago, and posted a rough graphic here at
http://ebacon.posterous.com/for-the-nonce-heres-a-rough-ux. It
illustrates the idea that IxD has a core set of user-centered design
skills spanning from research to definition to communication. And
below those skills it shows some helpful backgrounds that people
might have before they call themselves an "interaction designer".
One further idea I had was to make this image interactive so that a
recruiter can dial up different patterns of needed skills "I want
somebody who is strong in research" or "I want somebody who is
strong in conceptual design" and the various parts of the "house
that IxD built" would light up accordingly.

P.P.S. OK, so it needs work. :)