On 12 Mar 2009, at 23:24, Tom Nunes wrote:

Scott,

As with all design, interaction design is a form of problem solving. In that sense, much of what you write about creative thinking and innovation would apply here as well. So, absent specific IxD qualities to look for, I would ask the candidate to describe his or her problem solving techniques.
[snip]

How about actually asking them to solve a problem?

I find that some folk who can describe a problem solving technique fail this test :)

Adrian