l.vervae...@telenet.be;445898 Wrote:
> or look for a small pc (but I hate wasting energy) that has more
> processing power...........
>
> But after all not so fun to buy a system (what is advertised as a solid
> solution for large music collections) that doesn't work as expected.

If it will help you sleep better, do what Al Gore and others do: buy
off your carbon sins with a donation to Green Peace.  :)

Thou shall be forgiven (with a big enough check).

I run my entire networked music & video system, including three SB
players, from a simple dual core laptop, with no issues.  I have no clue
what power draw the laptop is using but it can't be much worse (if at
all) than a beefy NAS device.

A NAS is basically a stripped down PC and I'd bet if you tried a
PC/laptop with the same (lower) specs of your NAS device you would
likely have the same issues you are experiencing now.

The SB players & server software are more than capable of handling very
large music collections, when paired with the appropriate hardware.   :)

--
toby10