l.vervae...@telenet.be;445989 Wrote:
> So if we take a normal pc or portable what is then needed to run the
> squeezebox duet fast? (with about 55k songs)
> In terms of CPU / memory. I'd leave all the music on the NAS because I
> think access speeds are good enough on the ReadyNAS DUO.
> Looking for a quick, good and fast solution...
>
> Thank you!

I wouldn't keep music separately, it just adds additional performance
problems. I'd suggest something like a shuttle case, any C2D CPU, enough
local disk for your music collection, a CD drive to rip music, all
running VortexBox.

--
shake-the-disease

Players: Boom, SB3
Server: QNAP TS-239 w/ SSOTS 3.18, SS 7.3.3, MusicIP 1.8, 7k+ tracks

(formally running SS 6.3.1 on a QNAP TS-101 streaming to a SB1)