toby10;593770 Wrote:
> Comparison and review of AppleTV vs Logitech Revue
> http://windowssecrets.com/2010/12/09/02-Set-top-boxes-match-up-Apple-TV-vs.-Google-TV/#story1

It's so frustrating to read reviews like this when you realize that if
those broadcasting companies just were interested in taking my money
and providing me with the service I want, we could get a really nice TV
experience. In the next second you realize that this is not going to
happen any time soon, because in the same way as the music and movie
industry they are so stuck in their old fashion business models that
they can't see the possibilities.

I would be willing to pay a lot for a supported solution that provided
similar functionality as my MythTV box with a nice user friendly
interface, unfortunately no one is interested to provide it to me.

Fortunately, my current MythTV box works fairly good as long as I only
want to see SD content. Most HD content in Sweden only works on
officially authorized cable boxes that obviously don't have the
features of MythTV.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))