erland wrote:
> If your wishes where fulfilled, would you like to perform the search
> using a IR remote, tablet, smart phone or computer ?
>

> Could you give some examples of what streams you are talking about ?

Searching:  Computer.  I have LMS running on a desktop computer.  I
access LMS via the web interface on a laptop.

Streaming:  I have to admit I haven't thought this through so well, and
don't have an array of examples to illustrate various possibilities.
Here is one:
Chicago Symphony Orchestra makes on demand broadcasts of recent concerts
available. They link to soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/chicagosymphony

The links from soundcloud play directly from the web browser and cannot
be pasted into LMS. I have no idea whatever in what format the stream is
broadcast.

I'll try to find some other examples eventually.