mbonsack wrote:
> What would be the best way to do this, and how do you inform Squeezelite
> that appropriate codecs are indeed installed?  I'm on OS X, and flacs
> play fine but iPeng flashes a quick "Unable to play file type for..."
> MP3 songs.
>
> BTW Squeezeslave works fine for MP3's.

There's some discussion of this on the LocalPlayer thread on the 3rd
party forum.  I've currently taken the position of not including the
codecs as on linux they are easly installed by the distro and on
osx/windows they can be downloaded (mp3 and aac are subject to patent
licenses).  The problem with osx is that the codec needs to be the same
architecture (i386, x86_64) as you run the binary as.  Suggest we take
discussion to the local player thread on the 3rd party list.