JJZolx wrote:
> Do I understand correctly - the Wandboard will actually be a part of the
> final design? I thought it was being talked about in the context of some
> kind of proof of concept or reference from which the SB clone's design
> would be derived.
The wandboard is two boards, a core CPU/memory module and a "carrier"
board, with peripheral connectors etc.

My current thinking is to use the wandboard module as the cpu subsystem
of our product. I will then design a carrier board which contains the
DAC, low jitter clocks, headphone amp and S/PDIF amp.

For now wandboard does not seem to be selling the modules as a separate
item, but have stated that this will be the case in the future. So for
now, and probably through Gen1, the users will have to buy a wandbaord,
take the module out and put it in our carrier board.

What makes the wandboard different is that they bring out almost every
pin on the processor to the module connector which makes it possible to
implement what I want to do with this. The CPU module is essentially
exactly what I was going to do anyway, and because they are making a LOT
more than we will, their price is quite a bit lower. Because of the
module architecture I can still do everything I wanted to do with this
design, with a lot less effort and money.

John S.