erland;218086 Wrote:
> When you say "converting" I hope you don't actually mean to convert
> mp3's to flac's with some software. This will only result in that the
> files take more space, you won't get any better sound quality. To get
> better sound quality you will need to rip your music again from CD or
> some other lossless source.

Yes - that's exactly what I mean.  I was suggesting it because the mix
of WAV and MP3s I have are maintained in my Itunes library, I can copy
them out to a single fodler and then just convert the whole thing to
flac.  Space is cheap on my array and I really don't  want this copy to
be another library I have to maintain.  I guess I could convert just the
WAV files and keep the MP3s intact in the separate folder but it seemed,
messy. i need the Itunes folder because there are many Ipod devices
about the house.

--
FTJoe