Thanx - that's why I conceded it might be easier to just reference my
MP3 library (not originally sourced from CD).  My original thinking was
I could just make all flac and it would be simple to operate against
these files.  I'm still trying to figure out the music folder and file
type options in slimserver so I can just reference the files I need.
My music is stored (organized) in Itunes so the directory structure is
good, trying to now find something to convert them out all at once to
flac and maintain the structure.  I also was looking to keep tag info,
album art etc., but the seemingly best program out there doesn't appear
to process folders and sub-folders but only operate within a folder
(MP3TOYS).

Thanx for the tip on the shortcut.

--
FTJoe