On 8/1/07, FTJoe wrote:

> I believe Itunes keeps the tag info separate. I already have every song
> stored as Apple lossless.  I did a quick search before and didn't
> notice anything that might convert these, but it looks like maybe
> dbpoweramp might help.  I did a quick sample run and I think it's going
> to work.  Not sure about keeping the directory structure but there is a
> batch function, what the hey, I think I'll be okay now.  Would
> definitely like the album art so maybe I'll get Itunes chugging through
> that first, then get MP3Toys to finish up the ones that weren't done
> after converting.  Thanx for the help.

Another solution, if that fails, is to use the FLAC frontend to
convert the files, which will change
02 Hey Jack Kerouac.wav
into
02 Hey Jack Kerouac.flac

You can then use MP3Tag to mass-guess all the tags from the filenames
and directory structure, and it should work pretty well.  Let me know
if you go down this route and need help with MP3Tag.
Any missing tags can be filled in via a simple freedb lookup.

Cheers,
Geoff