parubini;255929 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have already made some mod's to ACC-RC1 to allow a mapped drive to
> work, using a SlimServer hosted on another (Linux) machine. Within the
> ACC script it is necessary to swap the slimserver local path to files
> (as stored in the DB) with the mapped drive as seen by ACC - in my case
> from /home/user1/Music to x:\Music. Only a few lines to change. This
> works ok though I still have an outstanding bug with the Compilation
> Folder and First Folder which does cause the running slow error. When
> fixed this evening I will post my contribution in case this helps.
>
> Phil. R.

See attached modified version of ACC-RC1 (just the hta file, assumes
full version already installed) to allow for mapped drives. This will
allow ACC to see a remote slimserver (which could be on a Linux
machine). There may yet be an unresolved issue regarding the case of
startfolder and compilation folder. But if folder names are entered as
seen in Windows Explorer or using the browse button then all seems ok.
Many of the case changes seemed unnecessary since the sql INSTR is case
insensitive. As a result I did take the liberty to partially rewrite the
fnCreateSQLQuery function, so that I could understand the use of
directory paths.

To use with a remote Linux machine, edit the head of the script to
change the ip address of slimserver machine and also the remote path
and matching mapped path. Ideally these could be added to the GUI.

On Linux machine you must allow remote access to the slimserver DB.
This is easily achieved by commenting the bind-address line in the file
'my.tt', within the slimserver local MySQL. On my SUSE Linux machine,
slimserver is installed in /usr/local and this is located in
/usr/local/slimserver/MySQL/my.tt . This action does then rely on your
firewall protecting the DB rather than the MySQL server.

Note, I have only tested this with a remote Linux server, not with a
local slimserver on a windows machine.

I hope this helps

Phil. R.

|Filename: acc-V1-RC1-mapped-drives.zip                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4006|

parubini