SilverRS8;255842 Wrote:

> The sorting is done by mySQL. Getting the sorting into the code, as
> first guess, would be a lot of work.  Personally I have al my tracks
> numbered without a leading '0'. Using Tag&Rename this is one click of a
> button for all the tracks you have. Maybe a quick workaround?

I thought you were using data already massaged by SC. They appear in
the Web UI from SC ordered and without the leading zeros. I'll think
about implementing your work around.

SilverRS8;255842 Wrote:

> I think sorting by album and then artist is most common but it is noted
> as feature request vor future versions. I'm thinking to implement
> several levels of sorting in the GUI.

Great.

SilverRS8;255842 Wrote:

> Ofcourse everything could be implemented but this would be too user
> specific to implement as general solution. The way the internal SS/SC
> compilation detection works is unuseable. A single Artist with multiple
> guest appearances will be detected as compilation album. The only way to
> cope with this is to use a folder structure for it. Using a 'various
> artist' folder is, I think, the most applicable for general usage.

I agree with your assessment about this request being too user
specific. Using tags I usually search by [Artist Name] or [Album Name]
When I search by [Genre] the folder structure I use simplifies things
for me. I have a lot of World music and I have problems searching by
[Artist Name] because I can't remember or spell the name of most of the
Artists and/or albums. Also, most of my World music is from compilation
albums for a specific music style, from a specific geographic area or
from a specific record company. So, in the [Album Artist] tag from
which the folder structure is create, I incorporate the style of music,
geographic area or record company name.

SilverRS8;255842 Wrote:

> I can image this request but I can also image that this would be
> confusing because at first site it would illustrate that there are
> multple albums where there is just 1. But this ofcourse may be my
> personal preference.
> Frank
Agreed... again, as you said, user specific.

--
tamanaco