MuckleEck;260808 Wrote:
> Shatzy,
>
> It seems that the drive mapping works if squeezecenter/slimserver is
> run at login and makes use of a users account information to colelct
> the mapping info...I run SC as a service and it doesn't see the
> mapping.
>
> I am using a thexus 2100 NAS

MuckleEck,

I also run SC7 as a service and i had to map a drive through windows in
the following manner. Putting what i did here not know what your
experience is, and for those who are not so technically inclinde

1. Right click on "My Computer"

2. Click on "Map Network Drive..."

3. Pick drive letter that you want to use.

4. Browse (using browse button) to the folder on your network attached
storage that has your music on it. You can not select the root folder
as this will not create a proper mapping.

5. Click finish.

Test your mapping by opening my computer and clicking on the drive
letter you selected it should bring up a the "contents" of the folder
that you mapped to.

I did this with two different NAS boxes One Link Station and one
Infrant. Both worked properly if the mapping was done as stated above.

If yo let the NAS Software select the drive letter or how it is to
connect to your computer it WILL NOT work.

Phil had a work around that i tried and it worked as well but was much
more work to get it working.

Schatzy

--
schatzy

Kitchen - SB3 - Russound R235LS Amp - Russound SP-M8IM speakers in
ceiling
Main Stereo - SB3 - Nikko Beta 30 Preamp - Nikko Alpha 230 Amplifier -
Genesis VI Speakers