ModelCitizen;284489 Wrote:
> Judging by the above statements about tarballs, dependencies, threaded
> perl versions etc etc supporting Linux looks like a right nightmare. If
> I was Logitech I'd stick to Windows (but not Vista of course).
>
> What is a platofmrn anyway? Some sort of dinosaur?
>
> MC

Actually, I use Ubuntu Linux, and it's pretty good overall.  The
automatic updater works really well, even with the nightly builds; it
has a Windows-like GUI that makes it easier for a novice (like me!) to
deal with; and it is faster than Windows, and very stable.

The SqueezeCenter installation on Ubuntu was as simple as Windows or
the Mac.

-=> Jim

--
JimC

"well, she wasn't all of that, but she sure was some of that."  --
BKlaas' college buddy