Philip Meyer;309931 Wrote:
> Do you mean YEAR tag?  Are you sure?  I haven't seen any strange effects
> with YEAR or DATE tags.

Yes, I'm still running 6.5.2, I don't think things have changed since,
but if you have an album with different year dates on the tracks it
will appear as multiple albums one for each year. Apparently this is to
accommodate the 0.0000001% of artists who release multiple albums with
the same title and the users who can distinguish between these multiple
albums solely by the repeating title when browsing. :)

To me the year tag refers to year of the track, whereas the prevailing
thinking in tagging forum is that the year tag refers to the year of
the album. I think ignoring the year of the tracks when grouping albums
would accommodate both types of users, but I'm pretty sure this behavior
endures in Squeezecenter.

--
sander