MrSinatra;309428 Wrote:
> i guess i have to wait, b/c i just don't have the time to get into this
> aspect of it.  i've never been good at programming.  also, does it cost
> money?  i do have a mac, but its the wifes and for now i'd rather keep
> SC off of it, (and i'm not mac savvy yet anyway).
It's not as mysterious as you seem to think. ActiveState perl comes
with an installer for Windows -- it's no more difficult than installing
any other Windows program. It is free.

After you install it, you need to run SC by invoking slimserver.pl (or
squeezecenter.pl, I'm not sure which it is at present) through the perl
interpreter via the command prompt. This is also very simple, and
described in http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/StartingWindowsDev

You don't need to know programming. kdf and Erland have already figured
out what needs to be done. There are easy ways for you to apply the
patch Erland wrote. I don't remember how to do that, so I would just
use the brute force method and open the relevant files in a text editor
(notepad, wordpad, etc.) and make the changes shown in the 'diff' view
of Erland's post to the bug report (see
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/attachment.cgi?id=3402&action=diff). Then
save the files with changes and try it out. It might look like
programming, but at this stage it's really just typing. Very careful
typing. Actually, you can make most of the edits via copy&paste.

--
aubuti