M. Fioretti wrote:

> Er, yes, here is the problem again. This is exactly what I mentioned
> as a pain for Linux distributors when I started this thread. More
> exactly, the pain is if add-ons are _only_ distributed as OO.o native
> packages: and if Linux users are not recommended to prefer, whenever
> available, the native packages for their distribution.

I think we all understood this, so a cooperation to make native package
creation possible is desirable.

OTOH you should accept that it's up to the users (at least those who
maintain their own system) to decide wether they want to profit from a
centralized software management or if they want to install something
through the Package Manager GUI by themselves.

At the end we don't make our software for the distributors, we do it for
the users. If an admin doesn't want to allow this - no problem, the PM
GUI can be removed easily. If I'm my own admin - why shouldn't I be free
to do what I want? And of course we still have some Windows users. :-)

So don't demonize the OOo packages and the Package Manager. If the
native packages are so much better, they shouldn't need this overstatement.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.