cool.  I've been using it for testing. For instance, my host environment is
Vista which has IE7 and no IE6.  I run a XP Pro VM with IE6 with a userland
type install, ie flash player production not debug.  IE6 and IE7 behave a
little different with respect to Flash and the debug flash player is a wee
diff from prod version at times.  I also have a Ubuntu VM for playing with a
modern linux flavor.  I say modern because I used to be a slackware fan :)

VMWare is really easy to use too.

Dean, curious why you can't make VMs of Mac OS?  You mean earlier pre OS X?
Yeah, me no apple groupie ;)

DK

On Dec 30, 2007 11:20 AM, Dean H. Saxe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yup, that's essentially what we do for classes.  Every student runs a
> VM in VMWare Player.  All of the dev tools, Tomcat, etc are set up and
> configured to run properly out of the box.
>
> -dhs
>

> Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak
> minds."
>     --Einstein
>

> On Dec 30, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Cameron Childress wrote:
>
> > I've actually heard of people considering creating a VMWare instance,
> > setting it up for development on a specific project and pushing it out
> > to a development team so they can start working immediately.
> > Depending on the host setup, it would be an interesting way to get a
> > large contractor team up and running with very little
> > configuration/setup required.  Just CFEclipse, FlexBuilder & CF8
> > multiinstance can take an hour or two to get installed and setup right
> > from scratch, more for some if they are unfamiliar with the setup
> > process.
> >
> > -Cameron
> >
> > On Dec 30, 2007 9:05 AM, Clarke Bishop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >> This has been a great discussion on Vista lately. I was thinking of
> >> switching from XP Pro, but you guys have convinced me not to bother.
> >>
> >> I'm also learning VMWare and how to use it. What are some of the
> >> ways you
> >> guys are using it? And, what Host OS would you recommend?
> >>
> >> Thanks and Happy New Year!
> >
> > --
> > Cameron Childress
> > Sumo Consulting Inc