From: ad...@acfug.org [mailto:ad...@acfug.org] On Behalf Of Ajas Mohammed
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:12 PM
To: discussion@acfug.org
Subject: Re: [ACFUG Discuss] CFC path - bind autosuggest issue

ok, it happened again. Charlie, to answer your question, this time I did not
create error. I just added a extra space and saved the cfc file and refreshed
the .cfm page and the error was gone.

We are not using application specific mappings at all i.e this.mappings in
application.cfc. We dont have any app-specific mappings for the app.

The only weird thing I have noticed is, we have this app setup as website. So
the error happens when i access the site page like this
qa.charlie.com/test.cfm<http://qa.charlie.com/test.cfm>. It doesnt happen if I
access it like this 10.10.10.x/XYZ/test.cfm i.e. thats the ip address of our
qa/dev server followed by code folder located at C:\inetpub\wwwroot\XYZ. The
error when called via URL
qa.charlie.com/test.cfm<http://qa.charlie.com/test.cfm> says XYZ/Employee.cfc
not found.

So why does direct 10.10.10.x/XYZ/test.cfm works and not
qa.charlie.com/test.cfm<http://qa.charlie.com/test.cfm>? When accessed via URL,
its looking for that CFC under another sub XYZ
folder(C:\inetpub\wwwroot\XYZ\XYZ\Employee.cfc) when the site has been defined
to use C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\XYZ as home directory in IIS 6.0.

To make matters more interesting, we have atleast 20 cfcs under XYZ and this
error happens only on 2 CFCs. All others called from cfm pages work just fine.
Perhaps any error in 2 CFC's that might be causing this behavior?

Weird stuff.

<Ajas Mohammed />
iUseDropbox(http://db.tt/63Lvone9)
http://ajashadi.blogspot.com
We cannot become what we need to be, remaining what we are.
No matter what, find a way. Because thats what winners do.
You can't improve what you don't measure.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the
wise choice of many alternatives.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Charlie Arehart