On Tue 10/Oct/2023 19:16:10 +0200 Todd Herr wrote:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2023 at 6:14 AM Alessandro Vesely <ves...@tana.it> wrote:
On Tue 10/Oct/2023 00:19:56 +0200 Douglas Foster wrote:
Both approaches have problems. Stop-at-last enables the walk to exit the current organization and stop on a private registry, for both alignment evaluation and for aggregate report transmission. This is not a minor problem, even if it is arguably infrequent.

The illustrative example in the draft says:

_dmarc.a.b.c.d.e.mail.example.com
_dmarc.e.mail.example.com
_dmarc.mail.example.com
_dmarc.example.com
_dmarc.com

That is, no stop at all. In this respect, a psd=n at example.com would save a lookup. However, it is not something that we can recommend, after we chose the obscure tag name. >
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

The illustrative example cited is intended to illustrate a full tree walk
that follows the steps for a full tree walk that are spelled out in the
numbered list just prior to the illustrative example.

Yup, I'm not criticizing the text (I wouldn't know how to better it).

Just wondering how to implement it. It is understood that programs must behave /as if/ they followed the letter of the spec, but don't have to actually do so.

Best