On 21.02.20 13:19, Dan York wrote:
If HTTPSVC can do that, and browser vendors will implement it [1], then that use case can be satisfied.

Dan

Hi all,

I have to admit that I haven't worked through the HTTPSSVC/SVCB draft in detail, but while it seems to provide much more functionality than the ANAME (as it addresses other problems, too), I see a major drawback in comparison to the ANAME draft, namely that there seems to be no fallback for old browsers (and robot software accessing websites) being defined. Of course, authoritative name servers could implement a similar mechanism as specified in the ANAME draft. The question would be whether it needs to be addressed in the HTTPSSVC/SVCB specification in an appropriate manner.

Regards,

Klaus