Garey Barrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
Jason -

"Rubbing alcohol" from the drugstore has quite a bit of water AND often Lanolin in it. Not very good for cleaning things.

Most drugstores also carry, or can get "97% Alcohol", with the remaining 3% being water. Alcohol is "anhydrous"? (I think that's correct) anyway, it absorbs water. A bottle of _pure_ alcohol absorbs quite a bit of water from the air if left open.

Unless the switch wafers are physically distorted from the absorbed water/lubricant from the DeoxiT, (possible, but takes a LOT of DeoxiT,) the most likely culprit is the bearings and detent mechanism on the switch shaft. You can't get enough friction from just the contacts to make the switch hard to turn. A (small) drop of light oil on the shaft bushings at either end, and a bit of white grease on the ball detent mechanism will free up the mechanics.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta

Drake C-Line Service Manual
<http://www.k4oah.com>

Would isopropyl work ok or ethanol only?  I'll recommend this to my R-4A
buddy if he has problems.

Thanks,
Jason