Ron Wagner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> made an utterance to the drakelist gang
I don't think it is a matter that a "miracle healing" occurred, but rather a comment to give the rig some time before you go forcing the band switch, and or trying to "correct" the error with other procedures.

I was lucky years ago with "self healing" (drying of wafers) from spray cleaners. Reports are that the rig in question is already working a bit better (likely from the DeOxit drying our of the wafers). Jason is not saying anything more then give it some time before rushing into what is a real pain at best, and potentially a disaster at worse with fixes to the ill fated fix.

Given that these are tube rigs, I would just let it run 24 hours a day for a week or so (pull the finals on TXs). Hope that the DeOxit (or any other cleaner for that matter) dries out of the wafer from the heat of the rig enough that it will work without further potential need of "mucking" inside the rig with still more chemicals. Keep an eye on it for return symptoms and the need for some other form of fix.

A "Self healing" (aka self drying out) fix is just as good as any other if it gets the job done. Most of us have other rigs besides our babies. In this case, let the baby try to dry out itself while you use your ricebox (or better yet your TR7 or other Drake rig). If it works (or works well enough) you are wiser for the experience, and a lot less stressed out from the repair of the ill fated repair. If it doesn't work, all you did was "loose" a couple weeks.

73,
Ron

Visit my astronomy home page.   http://www.dma.org/~wagner
Amateur Radio Station: WD8SBB - Ron  and  KB8NRP - Joann