> > > I don't think so.  I haven't noticed a problem with fog
> in the tunnel demo.
> > So it works for you, doesn't it? Envious.
> > For me, the fog effect does not work. Some time ago, someone (Jose?)
> > even explained that is should not work on mach64 (alpha
> blending + some
> > other effect?) So my question was whether it should work now or not.
>
> No, this won't fix the problem.  Mach64 can't do fog and
> blending at the
> same time, and the tunnel demo uses blending for the menu.
> There was some
> discussion of trying to use software fogging per-vertex when hardware
> blending is enabled, but no one has implemented it yet.

Jose was working on some MMX code that was currently disabled
in the Mesa source due to bugs in the coding. So he fixed problems
that could not come into effect for your case. With that fix
you might spot some speedup with an MMX capable CPU
if you are running specific mesa demos on it.

Concerning the tunnel demo. As long as fogging is not required
(at least i think it is not) for the rendering of the alpha blended
help texts and the other informatinal texts, it would be the best
if you just disable fogging for drawing these elements. Consider
that mode turn-off as a fix for some sub optimal application coding.

(I should have a look at that source and
check if or why its not alredy done in that demo...)

Regards, Alex.