> > > I just uploaded a set of binary snapshots built from the CVS head
> > > using RedHat's compat-gcc-7.3-2.96.110 package (which produces
> > > code compatible with the gcc bundled with the RedHat 7.3 and is
> > > the same which was producing the snapshots before).
> >
> > Unfortunately this appears to be not very helpful for those of us
> > who test-run the snapshots on a regular basis against known OpenGL
> > programs. This is from the radeon-20020930 binary snapshot:
> >
> > libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so
> > libGL error: dlopen failed: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not
> > found (required by
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/radeon_dri.so)
> >

> > _I_ don't have glibc-2.3 on my system and I believe, others don't
> > either. So this _might_ render the binary snapshots pretty useless.

> But so the 2D driver from that snapshot works for you?

Its c code, so I don't think the version of gcc is that important, what
matters is the GLIBC_2.3 symbol, it doesn't show up in the X driver,
because it isn't linked against libc, however, the dri portion is.

For some bizzare reason, redhat has decided to put a cvs version of
glibc in their upcoming distro release, which you are aparently
compiling against, the current release version of glibc is 2.2.5, more
than 90% of users are probably using this version.

*please* find a machine with a copy of glibc2.2, wait until glibc2.3
actually becomes a release to compile against it (or, if in the case of
redhat, distribute it with your distro)