Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to look into this, what
files in the r200 client driver should I be looking at?  Having looked
at the code I'm guessing r200_state.  Scissor and cliprect stuff.

Although thinking about it more, there are probably more changes
required since I guess every part of the 3D pipeline must be updated
(or at least where the commands are issued to the card) depending on
which "2048 zone" the rendering falls into.

Would it be better to make the solution more generic?  I.e., introduce
the concept of "zones" of cliprects, the extents of which would be
determined based on the limitations of the hardware.  the driver would
then render based on zones.  Maybe I'm overthinking it...

Any other pointers?  I'm sure I'll have more questions once I dig into
it a bit more.

Alex