At 07:56 PM 7/1/2004, Alex Deucher wrote:

I tested the driver on my savage4 and I see the 2D corruption maximo
was talking about with tile mode enabled.  everything is fine with
tilemode disabled.  However, 3D doesn't seem to work in either mode.
With or without tilemode disabled I get random black and white moving
rectangles in the glxgears window.  Also 3D only seems to work at 16
bpp.  at 24 bpp, the drm complains about dma (I forget the exact
message; something about savage_dma.c).

Alex,

I got the same problem with randon black and white and Felix suggested to edit xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/savage/savage_bci.h because there are some conditionals

#if SAVAGE4
#endif

and after "#define SAVAGE4 1" it got better and 3D worked with title mode but the 2D was still corrupted.

bye.

Rafael Máximo