--- Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:56:24 -0800 (PST)
> Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > just as a follow up, I got the DRM to build under 2.4.24, (redhat
> uses
> > 2.6 MM in rh9).  Unfortunately, I can't get pcmcia to work for me
> in
> > 2.4.24, so I can either hack on the savage driver or have network
> > access, depending on which kernel I boot.  I need to get that
> sorted
> > out.  anyone hear of any problems with rh9 and pcmcia with vanilla
> > kernels?
> >
> > I tested the driver on my savage4 and I see the 2D corruption
> maximo
> > was talking about with tile mode enabled.  everything is fine with
> > tilemode disabled.  However, 3D doesn't seem to work in either
> mode.
> > With or without tilemode disabled I get random black and white
> moving
> > rectangles in the glxgears window.  Also 3D only seems to work at
> 16
> > bpp.  at 24 bpp, the drm complains about dma (I forget the exact
> > message; something about savage_dma.c).
> >
> > I also gave it a try on my savage IX based card. Opening the drm
> fails
> > so direct rendering is never enabled.  Also I'm going to need to
> re-add
> > the "crtonly" option (from tim's driver) since these cards seem to
> > think there is a 640x480 flatpanel attached, so modes are limited
> > 640x480.
>
> To enable DRI on Savage IX you'll have to add the PCI IDs in two
> places.
> One is in SavageSreenInit in savage_driver.c, the other is
> DRIVER_PCI_IDS in the savage.h in the kernel module.

That's what I figured, I just hadn't gotten a chance to look at the DRM
too much.  thanks for the tip.
Also, FWIW, I sort of have "crtonly" working.  The driver claims to be
programming the right mode, and the desktop is 1024x768, 800x600, etc.,
but the mode on the monitor still ends up being 640x480x60hz.  at
what's supposed to be 1024x768 the frame doesn't move, when you adjust
to 800x600 or 640x480, the frame moves around as it should, but the
actual mode never changes, so it appears the driver thinks it's in
1024x768, but it's not.    I also tried with Tim's driver, but had even
less luck there.

Alex