On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 14:56:24 -0800 (PST)
Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> just as a follow up, I got the DRM to build under 2.4.24, (redhat uses
> 2.6 MM in rh9).  Unfortunately, I can't get pcmcia to work for me in
> 2.4.24, so I can either hack on the savage driver or have network
> access, depending on which kernel I boot.  I need to get that sorted
> out.  anyone hear of any problems with rh9 and pcmcia with vanilla
> kernels?
>
> I tested the driver on my savage4 and I see the 2D corruption maximo
> was talking about with tile mode enabled.  everything is fine with
> tilemode disabled.  However, 3D doesn't seem to work in either mode.
> With or without tilemode disabled I get random black and white moving
> rectangles in the glxgears window.  Also 3D only seems to work at 16
> bpp.  at 24 bpp, the drm complains about dma (I forget the exact
> message; something about savage_dma.c).
>
> I also gave it a try on my savage IX based card. Opening the drm fails
> so direct rendering is never enabled.  Also I'm going to need to re-add
> the "crtonly" option (from tim's driver) since these cards seem to
> think there is a 640x480 flatpanel attached, so modes are limited to
> 640x480.

To enable DRI on Savage IX you'll have to add the PCI IDs in two places.
One is in SavageSreenInit in savage_driver.c, the other is
DRIVER_PCI_IDS in the savage.h in the kernel module.

> Alex

 Felix       ___\_e -_/___/ __\___/ __\_____   You can do anything,
   Kühling  (_____\Ä/____/ /_____/ /________)  just not everything
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]       \___/   \___/   U        at the same time.