> You do not have any need to "verify" accounts.  You don't need to
> know the person's name or prove who the person is or that the
> person matches some government identifying number.  All you need to
> do is to establish that the money in the account belongs to the
> person who controls the account.

This is where I've got to say something. I would much rather see a system
where the owners of accounts CAN BE identified if necessary. Otherwise, your
customer base will contain a large number of thieves, and make it difficult
for your market makers to function.

E-Gold needs to identify account owners too. I don't know if they plan to do
this, but I would like to see some sort of 'low balance limit' on accounts
whose owners cannot be identified with certainty.

It has become very difficult to sell e-gold when it is such a target for
theft.

Craig