> > Because the value of e-gold derives from its utility as a means
> > that enables individuals to trade freely in defiance of the
> > state.  It would cease to be useful for this purpose if submission
> > to the state, which is what identification amounts to, is required
> > as a condition of using the system.
> >
> > CCS
>
> Gad! I don't see it that way at all. The purpose of e-gold is to
> create an international internet currency, NOT to defy the
> state. There are so many good things that can be done with a
> digital, gold-backed, currency that there should be no NEED
> or DESIRE to defy the state.

Well, different people may have different objectives.  The
question is what objectives does e-gold uniquely serve and what
objectives motivate most people's interest in e-gold.

> I am somewhat appalled by your comments. Don't take that
> personally. I am just quite surprised that you want to trade
> in 'defiance' of the state. If e-gold becomes a token for that
> sort of activity, I believe that the 'state' will shut them down.

I am absolutely certain that if, in the long run, e-gold is
successful the state will do everything in its power to shut
them down.  E-gold (as a means to a free society) and the
state (the instrument of tyranny) cannot, in the long run, both
exist in the same world.  The question is whether or not there
will be anything the state can do about it.  I fervently hope
that, when the time comes, the answer will be negative and
freedom will triumph.

CCS