Elwyn Jenkins wrote:

> (1) Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his
> home and his correspondence. (2) There shall be no interference by a public
> authority with the exercise of this right except as in accordance with the
> law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national
> security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the
> prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health of morals, or
> for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

National security, public safety, disorder, crime, economic well being,
heck even "morals". What a nice little shopping list of available
excuses with which to define any behavior you don't like as a reason to
snoop.

Here's my position on this: money laundering is a fundmental natural
right. It's your damn money and nobody else's business, period.