Hi Robert,

IF Sealand chooses to prefer e-gold that gives them no more influence
over e-gold than any other company. Heck, the place is just an old oil
platform in the North Sea. It is *nothing* compared to cyberica.net for
example! I guess it pretty efficiently packed, but most of us probably
live in a house bigger than that place, if the report of it being about
the size of a basketball court is true.

Just because some fruit-loop, er, guy calls himself Prince or King so
and so does not mean anyone else has to think he is more nor less than
what he would have otherwise been. Panama, like other countries use the
USD as legal tender. So what? All this means is that they have an edict
that insists that people be required to accept USD if offered by a
customer. It gives a 'government' no rights over the currency itself.

It seems to me that an enterprise can gain more security by operating in
'cyberspace' through whatever security technologies one can muster, than
to perch oneself on a sitting duck with a microwave link. So sovereign
nation or not, it don't mean a thing (if it ain't got that swing).
"There is no government. There are only individuals." And those
individuals can very easily destroy Sealand if the fancy takes them.

Regards,
Ian Green