Hi Chris,

I keep pushing the pin in with one hand whilst winding the string with
the other. Not easy, but it works for me.

I once was allowed access to a Panormo in a historical instrument museum
collection. As I was playing, one of the bridge pins flew out, bounced
off a nearby cabinet...and disappeared. I looked everywhere for it, but
no avail. Eventually I had to inform the curator that I had lost one of
their bridge pins. A small hunt ensued with five people scouring the
ground and every other surface. Still no bridge pin. I felt awful, and
eventually went home feeling sheepish. I vowed never to set foot in the
museum again. However...while watching TV later that evening, I glanced
down and saw the pin sticking out from the turn-ups in my trousers! I
returned it the next day.

Be careful with those criters!

Rob

Rob MacKillop