Date sent:              Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:51:47 EDT
From:                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To:                     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                Re: family size,etc.

> << Totally missing the point again I see. "Being frugal" with your money
>  doesnt do a damn bit of good if your without a roof over your head! If you
>  dont live in housing conducive to humane living "being frugal" doesnt even
>  broach the "wear do I go to the bathroom today?" problem!
>
>  You dont even get it do you.
>   >>
> Hi!
>
> Bertina, if you think that I do not get it - please explain IT?  I said that
> if people were more educated they could get better jobs, which usually means
> better pays, which usually means a better standard of living.  Given any
> income and using it wisely - frugally, definitely helps - may not cure all the
> world's ills - but could help!  I did not say that if you have no house you
> should concentrate on being frugal?  Shelter first, then the basics - of
> course!
>
> peace!
> Angela

And a dying ecosystem is going to support the infrastructure for all
these good jobs for these teeming billions, I suppose!     Joe
From: "Joe E. Dees" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:44:48 -0500

Date sent:              Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:44:22 -0400
From:                   Candi Churchill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Originally to:          "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> why do you assume that non-heterosexual people would be against
> procreation.  that is ridiculous and actually quite bigoted.  Lesbians,
> gay men, bisexuals, transgendered people want all kinds of things, just
> like all people.  Some might decide never to have children, just as
> some straight people might decide this.  Some of us might want many
> children.  It takes more than sperm and a womb to have a family.
>  Please put some thought into what you said and the hatred and violence
> this attitude has had on people.

I agree, except to assert that those who want many children and
choose to have them themselves rather than to adopt, be they
hetero, homo, trans or bi, are being irresponsible and doing the rest
of us a disservice.     Joe