>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Fri Oct 16 12:26:29 1998
From: "Joe E. Dees" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:26:36 -0500
Subject: RE: family size,etc.

Date sent:              Fri, 16 Oct 1998 13:45:04 -0400
From:                   Sarah Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     STUDIES IN WOMEN AND ENVIRONMENT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Originally to:          "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Why do these discussions always turn into a ranting and raving scream
> fest? Discuss but stop getting so personal and angry. I think most of us
> basically agree on things around here - that's why we are all on an
> eco-feminist list server. I'll admit that I occasionally like to ruffle
> feathers to stir up controversy but this group always seems to turn into
> one of those shout matches on television. It's very tiresome. Let's talk
> about something positive.

True, there ARE some gunslingers in here who will shoot from the
hip with epithets of "sexist" and "homophobic" at the drop of an ill-
chosen metaphor, but they, too, are part of the mix, and serve the
purpose of keeping us all on our politically correct toes.    Joe