Forumites

I wanted to find out more about GPS units, a topic many people have asked
about on this listserv in the past.  What I am trying to figure out is the
accuracy between an item like the Trimble Geo-Explorer XT compared to
something more economically available like a Garmin 12 or Magellan product?
Are people happy using simple GPS units like the Garmin 12 to collect data
especially if you want to conduct geospatial analyses and if so how do you
deal with spatial accuracy and post processing data if it can be done.
Also, what is the spatial accuracy compared to sub-meter GPS units.  I would
assume that it couldn’t but it might also be difficult to do.  I know the
Trimble GPS unit and Pathfinder Office makes this easier and you have better
accuracy and precision, you even get a root mean square error with you data
so that could be discussed. I appreciate any input and help from any one and
look forward to hear what has to be said.  You can reply to me and then I
can summarize what was said to the listserv if need be.

Thanks,

Arvind

Master's Student
Department of Geography