-----Original Message-----
From: Electronic Data Interchange Issues
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Pavao
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 4:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FW: XML Mapper

That's because I gave them all the answers!  ;)

Seriously, they have improved some.  At least in the call back arena.  They
used to be like Harbinger, with the "we'll call you back / check's in the
mail" thing.  At least now they call you back.  The problem is that I call
when I can't figure out the answer.  I know more about this product than
most of their tech support people.  So I'm generally able to figure it out
before they do because they don't put the truly knowledgeable people on
problem resolution.

About a year ago, I wrote them a document with 17 major issues I had with
5.1-1 for UNIX.  I ended up in a conference call with John Adler, and then
later with Jayne Gerlach.  They had no idea that their people couldn't
answer the questions.  Or that's how they played it.  Of those 17 issues,
some are fixed in 5.2-1 and I'm told that a few more are in 5.3, although I
can't remember the number now.  I'm sure some of them were planned all
along.  They opened ticket numbers for me, maybe it was to shut me up, haha.

There are two separate issues here.

1.  Call me back.  If you don't know the answer, tell me that and let's try
to work through it.
2.  KNOW THY PRODUCT.  If you DON'T know it, take your own %*$& training
classes and use it until you do.

>>> Javier Ortiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/03/00 03:11PM >>>
Hi All,
We are using Gentran:Server for Unix and not having any problem with thech
support.
Thanks,
Javier Ortiz - EDI Analyst

                    Bob Scheuermann
                    <Scheuermann@MENTHO        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    LATUM.COM>                 cc:
                    Sent by: Electronic        Subject:     Re: FW: XML
Mapper
                    Data Interchange
                    Issues
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    P.EDU>

                    10/03/2000 10:34 AM
                    Please respond to
                    Bob Scheuermann

Isn't it coincidental that all 3 companies, PaperFree, Sterling and
Harbinger have been
acquired by other firms that had no EDI background and all are having
support problems???
Cutbacks?
Downsizing?

I wonder........