In my case, BT was forced on me (two consecutive years) for political
reasons. Each time, I simply "gave it enough rope", and it went away.

If you want to place safe bets, the rule of thumb for Microsoft products is
that they
generally "get it right" by version 3. (This is according to Microsoft)

[the Three Choices]

        1) "not to worry"
        2) "here are the problems, but we've found a way to get around them"
        3) "run away as fast as you can".

> I'm hoping the Final Answer lies somewhere between the first 2.

Heh.  With that kind of EDI strategy by that kind of company, I think the
Final Answer is 42.     (Douglas Adams, RIP.)