From: Ron Zimmerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Air Travel in the Aftermath of the Terrorist Attack

The unfortunate reality is that there is no reconciling of differences
possible with the Islamic people.  Their religion teaches them that they
are the only ones who believe in a true god and anyone unwilling to convert
to their beliefs must be destroyed.

Much of the problems we now have are a direct result of our unwillingness
to take the radical actions necessary at times like this.  The politically
correct response is always diplomacy, but as the happenings of this week
have proven again, diplomacy does not work when the other side will not
bend in their beliefs and goals.

Thank you,
Ronald L. Zimmerman
Project Manager
Swiss Valley Farms, Co.      http://www.swissvalley.com
"The Good for You Company"
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Stephen
                    O'Shaughnessy"         To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    <sosha@TRNSWRKS        cc:
                    .COM>                  Subject:     Re: Air Travel in
the Aftermath of the Terrorist Attack
                    Sent by:
                    Electronic Data
                    Interchange
                    Issues
                    <EDI-L@LISTSERV
                    .UCOP.EDU>

                    09/13/2001
                    08:15 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "Stephen
                    O'Shaughnessy"

Why don't we deal with the people who are our
enemies?  "Love your enemies..." to quote a wise tome.

I've heard all kinds of rhetoric about revenge, retaliation,
and punishment.  All kinds of talk about beefing up security
and the resulting loss of civil freedoms.  But nothing about
dealing with the real, core, problem of the differences
between two peoples.

They are not wild, godless, savages.  They are dedicated, loving
intelligent human beings.  They are as dedicated to their
cause as we are to ours.  Their attack did not come out of the
blue, without provocation.  We attacked first, in 1998, with
a cruise missile attack on them.  Sure, it goes 'round and
'round, but we are not innocent here.

The problem is not airport security or the lack of it.  The problem
is not hamstrung intelligence organizations.  The problem is
a difference in two peoples and our refusal to accept them
as brothers and sisters under one God.

Nearly every American today, from school children to the elderly,
can cite the details of this weeks tragedy.  Everyone is talking
about security and now starting to point fingers.  Yet no one
is talking about the perpetrators as people.  No one is talking
about their religion and no one is talking about our differences.

And that is the problem.  Reconciling those differences is the solution.

Steve O
Columbia City, Indiana