Martin,

That's a point I was going to make, as well, but figured it would be 
taken wrong - like I was attacking - and I'm tired of being blamed 
for an attack when I'm just speaking the truth...

And Steve, though you claim to not be selling, but, in fact and 
truth, you still are with statements that begin:

 "The fact is, trust me when I say this, I am not trying to sell 
you, but I do manage over 80 customers..." 

How is the quantity of customers you manage germaine to the topic of 
discussion unless you're selling or pushing a point?

I will agree with you that Managed EDI solutions are viable and DO 
have a place in this world (as I'd mentioned) - but your original 
salvo - which Martin quotes - is an immediate attack and puts the 
reader - and receiver - into a defensive mode - which Allen took...

Also, while I'm sure that your company is above board and beyond 
reproach and offers the best products, prices, support, up-time and 
so many other factors - but you certainly must agree that this is 
not the case with all (or, probably most!) Managed EDI providers.  I 
can't even begin to tell you the number of times I'm contact by a 
trading partner with questions or comments or complaints about 
billing or services or support from the TPs CHOSEN provider.

In fact, I do not suggest or promote any one provider (from our 
approved list) over any other - it's all up to the trading partner 
to decide whick provider will best suit their needs - in that it's a 
very individual and unique "fit" to a company (as I'd mentioned) 
based upon their needs, wants and desires.

Craig Dunham
EDI Coordinator

--- In [email protected], "Morrison, Martin" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I'm sorry, Steve...
> But; with an initial volley of, "The real question is WHY is anyone
> still installing EDI software?" you can see how some of us might be
> having trouble reconciling the later "individual decisions based on
> goals, needs and character" position.
>  
> 
> Thanks, 
> Martin Morrison 
> 
>       -----Original Message-----
>       From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
> Behalf Of Steve
>       Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:05 AM
>       To: 'Craig Dunham'; [email protected]
>       Subject: RE: [EDI-L] Re: [OFF TOPIC] - the "In-house vs 
Hosted"
> debate - was software install
>       
>       
> 
>       Hmmm - Please re-read my posts as I think you and I agree at 
the
> very heart
>       of this matter and that is it is a decision that must be made
> individually
>       and as it relates to the needs, goals and character of each
> business. I
>       simply objected to the immediate castigation of "Managed EDI
> Services" as a
>       viable choice, that you will get inferior service and to the
> perpetuation of
>       lies. The fact is, trust me when I say this, I am not trying 
to
> sell you,
>       but I do manage over 80 customers who today have better 
service,
> more
>       reliability and a higher degree of technical capability than
> they had
>       previous to us providing Managed EDI Services and it might be
> surprising to
>       note that the vast majority of them were not struggling with
> EDI.
>       
>       But lets move on shall we. 
>       
>       Thanks,
>       
>       Steve
>       
>       _____ 
>       
> 


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to