--- In [email protected], "Michael Mattias/LS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > So many people - and I'm surely not pointing fingers - focus SOLELY
> > on the concept of PRICE.  I get calls and e-mails and other
> > solicitations from ths network, that network and this other provider
> > over there, telling Me that they can save Me "50% on your VAN
> > costs!"...  Frankly, it's a bunch of BS and sales hype.  I already
> > get a pretty damn good rate on My VAN bill - well under a dime per
> > KC. And the overage is even less...
> 
> I was reminded of this just yesterday. I was speaking with a client
about a 
> series of requests he recently received from a half-dozen or so of his 
> current electronic trading partners to change from 'VAN A'  - a
major well, 
> known VAN - to brand "G", a fairly new firm (apparently with an
agressive 
> and effective sales staff).
> 
> Brand 'A' offers pretty much what you'd expect... multiple
communications 
> modes, archive and restore facilities, audit and traffic reports, etc.
> 
> Brand 'G' offers ... FTP, and you better delete files from the
server after 
> you pick up unless you want the same files again the next time you
pick up.
> 
> Brand 'G' has a lower cost. Excuse me, that's not quite accurate:
You write 
> smaller monthly hecks to 'Brand G'.
> 
> 
> MCM
>
Hey

Any particular reason you used Brand "G" in your exmaple???????  Cause
I am working with a Brand "G" right now - (when I can get someone on
the "technical" staff to call me back

Rachel Macke 
Horizon Consulting
Tampa, FL


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to