Good Evening,
Summer has come to Oregon at last. We had nice temperatures (almost got to 80F one day) and just a little rain. The dry weather means the log trucks only run from 4:30 AM until around 12 Noon so the noise and dust settle down around lunch. 20 meters was a bit tough for fox hunting but some folks did work both of them. Not me though: W0NTA was Mr. Elusive in Colorado. Oh well, can't win them all. But we can be active on CW. After this week's announcement by the FCC working as much CW as possible is a good antidote for the blues. ECN is not necessarily QRP but it most definitely is CW. Let's use the mode to show folks it is fun and inclusive. It is also cheap ;) If that doesn't turn a few heads I don't know what will! We can work down to, and even below, the noise level using just a few watts to communicate great distances. Simple wire antennas tossed into trees can work wonders. CW and a simple rig are all the magic required to act as an ambassador for our countries.

   Please join us:
Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4pm PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7pm PDT)  7045 kHz

Visit our web site: http://ecn.visionseer.com/ for net details. Thank you Dan.

Let's keep CW alive and active on 20 and 40 meters,
   Kevin.  KD5ONS