I regularly travel to New Hampshire with radio equipment in my checked luggage. The radio is a Small Wonder Labs PSK-20 which is quite small, but then there is the SignaLink, a 2 element 20M wire beam, power supply, connecting cables etc.

The bag is inspected about 60% of the time as shown by the "TSA love notes". Other than an inspection notice, I haven't had any problems.

I also usually carry on a HT in a Pelican case for communication with my airport ride. I have had them open the case, so I have to repack it, but no other problems.

TSA people appreciate being treated with politeness. They have NO sense of humor.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV